Camping: Trek NYC
Trek NYC is an exciting program offered year-round to Scout units. Travel through the “Greatest City in the World” over the course of 3-5 days and visit the most famous places and sights, while spending nights at Alpine Scout Camp just 15 minutes outside of Manhattan. We will work with you to customize your trek based on your preferences as you choose your own adventures for each day of your trek.
TREK NYC makes it easy for your group or Scout unit to have a one of a kind travel experience. See iconic landmarks with a Scout chaperone and customize your options to work with your interests and schedule.
All Treks include:
- Lodging in BSA wall tents with cots (spring to late fall) or lean-to sites (winter to early spring) at Alpine Scout Camp in Alpine NJ
- Dining hall experience for two meals each day with the third “brown bag” style meal (unless other arrangements)
- Transportation to and from NYC daily (including tolls)
- All transportation fees for the tour (MTA card or equivalent)
- Trek NYC bag with subway map, light snacks and bottle of water
- Commemorative patch
- Commemorative t-shirt of your choice
- A visit to the Empire State Building (78th floor) to the GNYC office. NOTE: Additional fee is required for observation Deck (86th floor)
Select from destinations like:
The Statue of Liberty
In addition, program elements at the camp including pool (seasonal), indoor and outdoor climbing walls, low COPE course, and BB and archery ranges can be scheduled for your group (additional fees apply).
Assistant Director of Camping