What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is a leadership course for trained leaders of ALL programs as well as District and Council leaders. All trained Scout leaders are encouraged to attend.
Wood Badge is a world wide training tradition that reaches back to the days of the foundation of Scouting. This Wood Badge course is a two-weekend experience ( Saturday, October 5th - 7th & Friday, November 1st - 3rd) in which you learn more about leadership, Scouting, and yourself and can form life-long bonds in the fellowship of your patrol.
What is the cost?
The cost for attending Wood Badge is $250 if paid in full by May 1st. After May 1st, the fee is $280. A $100 deposit must accompany the written registration form or payment can be made by online registration. All fees must be paid in full 30 days prior to the course. Those not paid in full will be replaced by the first person on the Waitlist. Please see the WPC refund policy for information on refunds.
Fee includes training materials, Wood Badge recognition items, hat, food and camping fees. Some scholarships are available-please contact the course director.
Are there pre-requisites?
- You must be registered with BSA
- You must have completed Basic Training for your registered position
- A current medical BSA form is required prior to participation.
- Be a registered member of the BSA
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment
- Complete Outdoor Skills training for your position
- Complete BSA Physical Class A,B C
Need more reasons?
- Are you ready to have fun?
- Are you ready to be part of a 100+ year old tradition?
- Are you ready to learn new LEADERSHIP skills for scouting, work and home?
- Are you ready to become the best leader you can be?
- Wood Badge is the way!
To register for the event, please visit: http://www.bsa-gnyc.org/woodbadgereg
|Wood Badge Flyer||Download|