2019 World Scout Jamboree
Attend the 24th World Scout Jamboree as a member of the Boy Scouts of America Contingent: you take your first step towards experiencing a larger scouting world. Whether you are a participant, an adult leader, or a member of the International Service Team, you will be camping side by side with your brother and sister scouts from 169 countries. You won’t want to miss out on this unique experience. Follow the Contingent Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay in the loop with everything you need to know about the Jamboree.
Unlock a New World was selected by the youth of the three host countries - Mexico, Canada and the United States to to reflect the new adventures, cultures and friendships that will be shared by Scouts from around the world during the 12-day event held on a continent many refer to as the “New World” in North America.
The 24th World Scout Jamboree will take place at the Summit Bechtel Scout Reserve in West Virginia from July 21, 2019 to August 2, 2019. Participation is open to eligible youth (age 14 – 17), unit leaders (18 and older) and International Service Team (IST), who serve as Jamboree Staff (18 and older). Apply online at the BSA WSJ website!
What makes a World Jamboree different from a National Jamboree? So many things!
- The people. Scouts from 169 countries are invited to participate and the International staff that runs the Jamboree are also from these countries all around the world.
- The experiences. Scouts and scouters across the US will get to deep dive into the heart of international scouting, meeting friends for a lifetime.
- The memories. When do you get to meet someone from halfway around the world that shares the same values as you? If you hold up the scout sign, they will instantly know what you mean, no matter what language they speak.
Scouting is a universal language!
Flyers - need flyers for your unit or roundtable - downloads here:
FAQ from the BSA about the WSJ - download
NER Newsletter/March 2018 - download
- BSA World Jamboree Site: https://wsj2019.us (On-line application at this site)
- BSA WSJ Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WSJ2019USA/
- NER Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NER2019WorldJamboree/
- WSJ Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/2019wsj/
- World Organization of the Scout Movement: https://www.scout.org/node/295951
If you would like to apply to attend the 2019 World Jamboree, please apply online at: https://wsj2019.us/
Have additional questions? Please fill out form below.